Director, Entrepreneur, Educator, Consultant, Author, Speaker, Performer, Innovator, Mentor. Eternal Optimist & Child at Heart. Big-Picture Thinker with a Mind for the Minutiae. Lover of: Teaching Youth, Shakespeare, the Arts, Technology, PBL. Life-Long Learner. Eternally Curious About the World!
To create, implement, produce, direct, and oversee integrated Arts education and programming through producing theatre, music, dance, and film, as well as inquiry, design thinking, entrepreneurship, project-based learning, cross curricular integrated curricula-differentiated instruction; and shape the Arts, Theatre, and Arts Educational Policy through grassroots advocacy, progressive arts education, the business community, and leadership in the nonprofit sector. To create and inspire a new generation of cultured children, arts advocates, artists and philanthropists by developing cultural literacy and the creative mind as an invaluable tool for success in business, education, community, and intra-global communications.
Bio excerpt from The Atlanta History Center’s Woman Making a Mark Award Program:
“Kendrick Phillips attended the Westminster Schools, trained with the Atlanta Ballet, and graduated from Vanderbilt University with multiple degrees. While at Vanderbilt, Kendrick won the Superior Achievement in Acting Award twice.
Upon graduation from Vanderbilt, Kendrick studied at the prestigious Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, England. While in London, she performed under such noted directors as Sir Peter Hall and Adrian Noble of the Royal Shakespeare Company.
After performing in London’s West End, Stratford Upon Avon, and throughout Europe, Kendrick returned stateside where she has written, directed and produced two independent films through her LA based film company Wildcat Pictures.
She is the founder and director of the award winning Metropolitan Theatre Conservatory which offers in school curricula, residencies, workshops, & after school MFA for teens training in theatre, film,dance ,voice and Shakespearean Theatre. The conservatory is internationally known for its ShakespeareanTheatre program and Broadway Bound Performing Arts Boot Camp for teens which has launched many professional careers in major motion pictures, network tv shows, national tours, and Broadway.
Kendrick has been inducted into the Westminster Schools Hall of Fame for her tremendous accomplishments and national impact in the performing arts and for her contribution to the field of innovative educational curricula and leadership. Kendrick also was honored by the Woodruff Arts Center and is the youngest recipient ever to receive the prestigious Atlanta Magazine’s Women Making a Mark Award.
Kendrick is a director, producer, educator, casting director, audition coach, an entrepreneur, a business owner, a busy community mentor, Arts consultant, lecturer, a grant writer, motivational speaker, Arts and Talent adjudicator, educational consultant and public speaking consultant for numerous nationwide Schools & Businesses.
She is the Visual and Performing Arts Chair of the Davis Academy and also develops and implements multi-disciplinary theatre high school curriculums for area private and public high schools.
Kendrick dedicates herself to community service, leadership in the Arts and in academic enrichment education for children and youth. She dedicates herself to empowering others to wear the mantle of leadership and impact their community by using their voices to lead with passion, inspiration, and a love of learning.”
Atlanta Magazine’s Atlanta Woman Making a Mark Award
- youngest recipient ever
- honored for being on the front lines of leadership and change in the Atlanta community
- honored for progressive education in the Arts
- honored for volunteerism and leadership in the nonprofit sector
- honored for pioneering grassroots advocacy in North Fulton County
- honored for outstanding Artistic Direction of Youth Theatre
- honored for creating, directing and building vibrant sustainable audience patronage of Professional Children’s Theatre
The Westminster Schools Hall of Fame Inductee
- Only the 2nd woman to be inducted
- Inducted for outstanding accomplishments in directing, theatre, arts education & leadership in the community
11Alive ClassAct Director and Teacher
- Honored for outstanding work and recognition in field of Education, Children’s Theatre production and Arts Education
Encore Center for the Arts & Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Steering Committee
- Youngest member appointed to the committee, appointed by Fulton County Commissioner Dr. Robert Fulton
- Tapped as the Arts and Educational Consultant and grassroots advocacy leader
- Responsible for creation and dissemination of the infrastructure, educational, and programming components
- Uniting all arts agencies, community organizations, and philanthropists in the mission of the $300M center
Educational Consultant, Guest Director/Teacher, Grant Writer, Adjudicator, and Speaker
- Created the North Fulton Performing Arts Education Task Force survey- uniting all sectors of Fulton County
- Speaker & Presenter to over 400+ organizations on the Power of Theatre, Arts education & policy, public speaking, grant writing, and leadership for 501 c3’s including the following:
Leadership Sandy Springs
Leadership North Fulton
Fulton County Schools
Cobb County Schools
Gwinett County Schools
City of Atlanta Schools
Atlanta Girls’ School
The Lovett School
The Westminster Schools
Mt. Pisgah Christian School
Greater Atlanta Christian School
Wesleyan Day School
Holy Innoccents’ Episcopal School
The Heiskell School
Greenfield Hebrew Academy
Fulton Math and Science High
Numerous Businesses, Arts and Political Organizations throughout the Southeast.
- Adjudicated over 50+ educational and arts assemblies, programs, exhibitions, festivals
- Speaker to 100+ National, Regional, Local PTO/PTA & student organizations on careers in the Arts, lesson from the stage, and the power of creative play
- Corporate arts trainer for businesses wishing to serve on arts board and help shape policy
- Created, implemented, & managed the largest arts educational outreach festival in North GA
- Designed Youth Think Tank for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
United Way Grant Winner Recipient for Progressive Education
- For At Risk Youth Arts Educational Outreach programs in South Fulton and Inner City Atlanta Schools
- Creating and developing sustainable audiences
- Developing and mentoring Future Arts leaders, directors, and advocates
- Write, produce and direct shows for Professional Theatre Outreach
Partner with the Fulton County Board of Education Odyssey II Program
- Created the In Love With Shakespeare program for at risk youth
- selected from over 250+ programs submitting an RFP
- Award winning program served 15 at risk schools throughout Fulton County
Founder and Director, the Metropolitan Theatre Conservatory
- An award winning arts conservatory offering in school curricula, residencies, workshops, & after school enrichments
- Have created and implemented over 30+original curriculums all meeting the national standards for the arts in Theatre, Public Speaking, Dance, Music, Art, Film & Video Production, PBL EdTech, Innovation Think Tank Lab Design
- Director, educator, consultant for 47000+ children ages 4-18 throughout 94 schools and Universities
- Initiated a youth mentoring program for teens to give back to the community and train them for careers in education
- Create all curriculum and programming for school clients
- Evaluate and assess standards of existing schools visual and performing arts departments
- Write, produce, and direct award winning professional Children’s theatrical productions
Director of the Visual and Performing Arts , the Alfred and Adele Davis Academy
- Davis Leadership Team, 9 years
- Supervise a staff of 8 arts educators, oversee curriculum, assess standards
- Create, manage, oversee concerts, productions, festivals, and exhibitions
- Create and implement all curriculums in Theatre, Shakespearean Studies, Film/Video Production, Musical Theatre, Public Speaking and Broadcast Journalism
- Develop Project Based Learning Independent Passion Projects for 8th grade
- Co-Lead and designed year-long PBL PD strand for Faculty
- Create, design, choreograph, direct, co-produce, and manage 200+ children in one school wide K-8 musical reaching annual audiences of 2500+
- Implemented, and oversee a performing arts mentoring program in which 140 alumni have returned to mentor the next generation of arts leaders, educators, philanthropists, and spectators
- Consultant on all performing arts spaces and infrastructures of the Lower and Middle School Campuses
President, Board of Directors- Fulton Arts North
- Youngest person appointed to the Board of Directors, served 3 two-year terms before becoming Ex-Offfcio
- Turned around the organization in less than 2 years, from a membership of 50 to over 10000 members, grew the operating budget by 1500%, created a brand identity for the organization
- Re-Structured and Produced the International Children’s Day, a day- long festival with 45,000 in attendance, 150 vendors, artists, schools participating, and brought together two cities and Fulton county in funding the event to celebrate, the Arts, education, and culturally underserved areas.
- Branded and executed a Southeastern Regional Juried Art Exhibition, incorporating 200 artists in 6 states with awards totaling $10,000.
- Fulton Arts North is 501 c 3a grassroots arts advocacy organization with over 300+ arts organizations, businesses, and individuals in membership advancing the importance of cultural resources, education, and artistic events
Founder and Producer, Wildcat Pictures, LLC
- Dedicated to producing independent films celebrating the female voice, the human spirit, and southern in nature.
- Produce & Direct independent films and documentaries
- Mentor youth in the art of filmmaking
- Mentor youth in the business side of the Industry
Professional Memberships and Associations
Theatre Communications Group
Educational Theatre Association
Americans for the Arts
The Drama League
National Shakespeare Association of America
Georgia Assembly of Community Arts Agencies
Association for Theatre in Higher Education
Leadership Sandy Springs
Fulton Arts North
Southeastern Theatre Conference
Georgia Independent School Association
Women in Communications
Association for Theatre in Higher Education